Wednesday, October 20, 2021
More

    Latest Posts

    EndSARS: One year after, no evidence of killing at Lekki tollgate -FG

    The Federal Government has claimed that one year after the shooting at Lekki tollgate by soldiers, there is no evidence to show...

    EndSARSMemorial: FG slams CNN, Amnesty on Lekki tollgate stance

    The Federal Government has slammed CNN and global human rights group, Amnesty International, saying they “have continued to shamelessly hold on to...

    Filmmaker releases Abdul to mark #EndSARS first anniversary

    A Nigerian filmmaker Samuel Adeoye has released the trailer of his new short film entitled, Abdul, in commemoration of the one-year remembrance...

    EndSARS: ‘We were shot, SARS still working’, Lagos protesters insist

    There was a large turnout of protesters at the Lekki tollgate on Wednesday leading to gridlock in the area.

    British singer Rita Ora vows to quit partying to save her voice

    Popular British singer, Rita Ora’s 30th birthday celebrations hit the headlines last year for breaking lockdown but now, the singer has vowed to quit wild nights out when restrictions are lifted.

    In November, Ora was caught by police hosting a birthday bash for friends at a London restaurant and had to make a public apology, promising to pay any fines. However, the Bang Bang singer has now said the reason she wants to stay at home is that she wants to save her voice, and she’s tired from being older.

    Ora told The Sun: “I feel like as soon as you hit 30, the next day everything changes. You start feeling like you’ve got wrinkles, as though your joints are hurting you. I can’t do what I used to do any more.”

    She added: “I can sing better, not lose my voice as much. Why do you always shout when you go out? Obviously, if the music is on, you have to shout over the music, but even when there is no music we seem to shout. You have to vocalise everything.”

    Ora’s controversial party was closely followed by the discovery that not only did she break lockdown rules, she should also have been isolating as she had recently returned from a work trip to Egypt.

    The star, whose mum works for the NHS, said in her apology at the time: “I’m deeply sorry for breaking the rules and in turn understand that this puts people at risk.

    “This was a serious and inexcusable error of judgement. Given the restrictions, I realise how irresponsible these actions were and I take full responsibility.

    “I feel particularly embarrassed knowing first-hand how hard people have worked to combat this terrible illness and being fully aware of the sacrifices that people and businesses have made to help keep us all safe.

    “Even though this won’t make it right, I want to sincerely apologise.”

    Latest Posts

    EndSARS: One year after, no evidence of killing at Lekki tollgate -FG

    The Federal Government has claimed that one year after the shooting at Lekki tollgate by soldiers, there is no evidence to show...

    EndSARSMemorial: FG slams CNN, Amnesty on Lekki tollgate stance

    The Federal Government has slammed CNN and global human rights group, Amnesty International, saying they “have continued to shamelessly hold on to...

    Filmmaker releases Abdul to mark #EndSARS first anniversary

    A Nigerian filmmaker Samuel Adeoye has released the trailer of his new short film entitled, Abdul, in commemoration of the one-year remembrance...

    EndSARS: ‘We were shot, SARS still working’, Lagos protesters insist

    There was a large turnout of protesters at the Lekki tollgate on Wednesday leading to gridlock in the area.

    Don't Miss

    Ifeanyi Ubah wants Nnamdi Kanu’s arrest, detention revisited

    The lawmaker representing Anambra South Senatorial District, Ifeanyi Ubah, has called on the Federal Government to revisit the issue of the arrest...

    Ayu’s emergence as chair: North gets PDP’s nod to contest 2023 Presidency

    The Peoples Democratic Party has given the North the option of producing its presidential candidate in 2023 despite the emergence of a...

    Don’t let police disrupt #EndSARS protests, Falana tells Buhari

    Human rights lawyer, Mr. Femi Falana (SAN), has called on the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), to abide by his oath...

    Anambra election: Police deploy three helicopters, 34,587 personnel

    The Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba, has disclosed that 34,587 operatives, including special forces, would be deployed in Anambra State for the...

    Anambra poll: Supreme Court affirms Soludo as APGA’s gov candidate

    The Supreme Court has affirmed Professor Charles Soludo as the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance in the Anambra election...

    Stay in touch

    To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.